The new Counselling Primer series from PCCS Books, supplementary to the bestselling Steps in Counselling series, is suitable for both beginners and higher level students who want a succinct boost to their knowledge of a particular area. Beginners will find the style companionable and reassuring, while more advanced readers will appreciate the incisive and authoritative writing with pointers for further reading and resources. Trainers will find the series a dependable learning aid.
Counselling Primers bridge the gap between introductory, intermediate and diploma level courses, each book providing a concise overview of a particular counselling approach. Each Counselling Primer will be a perfect essay resource or a springboard for further study.
A series of 8 books including:
• Person-Centered • Experiential •Existential •Intergrative •Focusing-Oriented •Psychodynamic •Contact Work
1. The origins of focusing-oriented counselling
2. A special way of talking
3. The idea of a ‘felt sense’
4. Focusing: working with the whole thing
5. Working with thinking and emotion
6. The focusing process
7. Focusing partnerships
8. The core of focusing-oriented counselling
9. Helping the client to relate to their experiencing
10. A focusing-oriented counselling transcript
11. Glimpses of a theory
12. Research into focusing and focusing-oriented counselling
13. Focusing-oriented counselling and the schools of therapy
Resources for learning
This slim and elegant book does exactly 'what is says on the tin' - it prepares the reader for a clear and basic understanding of the subject of Focusing-Oriented Counselling ... whilst also pointing the way to further exploration and development ... I will be recommending this book to our new students and to any fellow practitioners who want to get to grips with what focusing is and how they could incorporate it for personal development and to help clients get 'carried forward'... Trudy Johnston, Senior Lecturer in Counselling, University of Cumbria. BJGC 36(4) 2008.