The Cognitive Behaviour Counselling Primer
ISBN 978 1 898059 86 8 (2008)
Discounts on multiple copies of the primer series — 2 or 3 copies: £10.50 each; 4 or 5 copies: £10.00 each; 6 or more copies: £9.50 each. Call the office to order mulitiples. +44 (0)1600 891509
The acclaimed Counselling Primer series from PCCS Books, supplementary to the bestselling Steps in Counselling series, is suitable for both beginners and higher level students who want a succinct boost to their knowledge of a particular area. Beginners will find the style companionable and reassuring, while more advanced readers will appreciate the incisive and authoritative writing with pointers for further reading and resources. Trainers will find the series a dependable learning aid.
Counselling Primers bridge the gap between introductory, intermediate and diploma level courses, each book providing a concise overview of a particular counselling approach. Each Counselling Primer will be a perfect essay resource or a springboard for further study.
A series of 8 books including:
• Person-Centered • Experiential •Existential •Intergrative •Focusing-Oriented •Psychodynamic •Contact Work
1. The origins of cognitive behaviour therapy
2. The theoretical underpinnings of cognitive behaviour therapy
4. Cognitive behaviour therapy and the therapeutic alliance
5. Case conceptualisation
6. Cognitive restructuring techniques
7. Behavioural techniques
8. Methods of discovering assumptions, rules and beliefs
9. Relapse prevention and endings
10. Cognitive behaviour therapy transcript
11. Applications of cognitive behaviour therapy
12. Research into cognitive behaviour therapy
Appendix: Resources for learning
The authors have produced an authoritative guide to CBT that works its way systematically from the therapeutic alliance through to case conceptualisation and techniques .... experienced therapists working outside of the CBT model, as well as students, will find this a good introduction to a complex subject. Angela Cooper, BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor & Supervisor, Therapy Today, 2009.
This is an excellent addition to the 'Counselling Primers' series ... The primer is packed with subject information to walk the learner through CBT basic concepts, theoretical underpinning of CBT, case conceptualisation and interventions; including relapse prevention and endings. There are several mini-studies dotted throughout the book to exemplify various points ... Ian Clancy, Orchard Counselling Practice, August 2009.