The Integrative Counselling Primer: An introduction to integrative counselling with a person-centred foundation
ISBN 978 1 898059 81 3 (2007)
The Counselling Primer series from PCCS Books, supplementary to the bestselling Steps in Counselling series, is suitable for both beginners and higher-level students who want a succinct boost to their knowledge of a particular area. Beginners will find the style companionable and reassuring, while more advanced readers will appreciate the incisive and authoritative writing with pointers for further reading and resources. Trainers will find the series a dependable learning aid.
Counselling Primers bridge the gap between introductory, intermediate and diploma-level courses, each book providing a concise overview of a particular counselling approach. Each Counselling Primer will be a perfect essay resource or a springboard for further study.
A series of 8 books including:
• Person-Centered • Experiential •Existential •Intergrative •Focusing-Oriented •Psychodynamic •Contact Work
The Integrative Counselling Primer by Richard Worsley is the third in the series, with essential information written in an approachable and encouraging style. This book presents an unparalleled, comprehensive introduction to integrative counselling with a person-centred foundation. Worsley presents the principled application of the non-formulaic use of self and experience in the service of the client. Students requiring:
• comprehensive introductory text for initial integratively-oriented training,
• input for comparative essays and therapeutic approaches on integrative courses,
• a theory bridge between introductory and certificate/diploma level texts.
Anyone requiring a concise, understandable yet authoritative guide to the principles of integrative (rather than eclectic) counselling theory and practice based on a foundation of person-centred therapy — the preferred approach of many thousands of counsellors.
Discounts on multiple copies of the primer series — 2 or 3 copies: £9.50 each; 4 or 5 copies: £9.00 each; 6 or more copies: £8.50 each. Call the office to order mulitiples. +44 (0)1989 763900.
1. Person-centred integrative therapy
2. Some person-centred principles
3. Integrating new thinking in person-centred theory: configurations of the self
4. The space between people: ego-state theory
5. Embodied awareness: the mind's mirror
6. Therapy as dialogue: working with meaning in therapy
7. An integrative counselling transcript
8. Small-scale practitioner research
9. Integrating the self
Appendix – Resources for Learning