Self-Actualization: Person-Centred Approach and Systems Theory
ISBN 978 1 906254 03 2 (2008)
Originally published in Germany, PCCS Books is pleased to bring Self-Actualization to a wider readership.
This book explores a core concept in both Carl Rogers’ person-centred approach to psychotherapy and modern systems theory. Self-Actualization stresses the links between humanistic approaches, systems — and family — therapy, ‘old’ holistic and danamical thinking in psychology — in particular gestalt theory — and ‘modern’ systems thinking in the natural sciences.
Most people believe in the essential difference between an engine and a human being, but still use cognitive tools from mechanical science. The intent of this book is to provide the reader with thoughts, ideas, metaphors and knowledge which are more adequate to understand the processes of life and our soul.
1. My Theoretical Orientation and its Underlying Path of Life
2. On Chaos and Order
3. Our Lebenswelt in Upheaval
4. The Re-enchantment of our World
5. Intuition in Therapeutic Processes
6. (Self-) Actualization, Meaning Structures and Meaning Fields
7. The Effectiveness of the Humanistic Psychological Approach
... I would recommend it for tutors, students or even anyone with a vague interest in how human beings 'tick' ... All in all a thoroughly enjoyable read. Sarah Lewis, Person-Centred Quarterly, November 2008